Noose was released on September 4th, 2022 from DarkLit Press. Buy it here.
It’s been fifteen years since Noose Holcomb perpetrated the Buzzard’s Edge Train Robbery of 1872, leaving Rory Daggett an orphan. Settled in with a new family and a second chance at life, Rory never quite sheds the thirst for revenge. When one of the gang members returns to Buzzard’s Edge, Rory’s life is violently upended once more. Capturing the rogue spurs on a furious chain of events that pits Rory against each member of Noose’s gang, every one more twisted and terrifying than the last, in order to work his way to their leader. Rory will stop at nothing to be the man who ends Noose’s reign of terror, but can he do it without becoming the man he seeks to kill?
“LaFaro’s Noose is a bloodbath of a tale of the Olde West, where violence and vengeance are bought and sold at the General Store and skeletons are buried in the back yard. Burning with loneliness and small-town insularity, Noose is a chilling addition to the western horror genre. A vicious ear-worm that will keep you humming long after you put the book down.”
—Lee Murray, USA Today Bestselling Author and four- time Bram Stoker Award®-winner.
“Noose is a gritty yarn of strange violence and loss, of regret and brutal revenge, with dark blood running through its twisted heart. I love a weird western and this is a damn good one.”
— Alan Baxter, award-winning author of Sallow Bend and The Gulp
“Like a bullet from a gun, Brennan LaFaro’s Noose comes screaming off the pages. A blood-soaked western with assassins waiting around every corner, this darkly funny adventure crackles with energy.”
— Tyler Jones, author of Criterium and Almost Ruth
Slattery Falls was originally published by Silver Shamrock Publishing. A newly revised version is available from Crossroad Press. Buy it here.
Travis, Elsie, and Josh, college kids with a ghost-hunting habit, scour New England for the most interesting haunted locales. Their journey eventually leads them to Slattery Falls, a small Massachusetts town living in the shadow of the Weeks House. The former home of the town’s most sinister and feared resident sits empty. At least that’s what the citizens say. It’s all in good fun. But after navigating the strange home, they find the locals couldn’t be more wrong. And now the roles are reversed. The hunters have become the hunted. Something evil refuses to release its grip, forcing the trio into one last adventure.
“These are earnest investigators you can’t help rooting for as they explore sordid pasts and the dire hauntings they leave behind. Enticing with equal parts intrigue and chills, Slattery Falls hits that ghost story sweet spot between charming you one moment and then creeping under your skin the next.” — Hailey Piper, Bram Stoker Award-Winning author of Queen of Teeth
“I devoured Slattery Falls in one sitting. Fun, scary, and smart, it’s a whopper of a debut and a hell of a creepy yarn. Brennan LaFaro is a writer to watch.” — Jonathan Janz, Author of The Siren and the Specter and Children of the Dark
Decimated Dreams: Slattery Falls, Book Two will release December 13th, 2022 from Cristian Press. You can preorder here.
Five years after the demise of Robert Weeks, his shadow still haunts Elsie and Travis.
Along with their young daughter, April, the Morlands have found peace, but when the sun sets, nightmares drag Elsie back to the worst day of her life. Still, it’s all in the past, right?
When April claims a man with green eyes taps on her window at night, it’s only a matter of time before children begin to disappear again.
Starting with April.
With their daughter stolen and an undead madman seemingly back from the grave, Elsie and Travis have no choice but to return to the twisting, turning streets of Slattery Falls. What will it cost them to get their daughter back and make sure Robert Weeks stays dead this time?
“Decimated Dreams by Brennan LaFaro is the utterly beguiling and harrowing sequel to Slattery Falls. Creepy. Heartfelt. Panic inducing. This book showcases a writer who knows how to turn the screw of horror and unsettle his readers, forcing them to turn the pages and discover how this nightmare ends.”
— Ross Jeffery, Bram Stoker Award-Nominated author of Tome
“LaFaro’s sequel to the excellent Slattery Falls comes out swinging with a wicked twist on the missing child storyline. Told from Elsie’s darkly humorous perspective, she and Travis must once again enter the evil clutches of the small town that almost killed them, this time in an attempt to save their precious, young daughter. LaFaro doesn’t hold back on the constant dread and twists, and the final line will have readers rabid for more.”
— Heather Levy, Anthony Award-Nominated author of Walking Through Needles
– Slattery Falls Book 3 – Coming Summer 2023 from Crossroad Press.
– Last Stay – A standalone supernatural slasher coming September 2023 from D&T Publishing.
– Last Train to Buzzard’s Edge – A collection of stories set in the world of Noose. Tentatively set to be released early 2024 from DarkLit Press.
– Untitled Noose Sequel – Set to follow Rory Daggett and Alice after the events of Noose. Tentatively set to be released Fall 2024 from DarkLit Press.
– “Catamount” appeared in Campfire Macabre 2, released October 11th, 2022 from Center Gates Media. Buy it here.
– “Holes” will appear in Hot Iron and Cold Blood: an anthology of the weird west, out late 2022 from Death’s Head Press.
– “Come and Take My Hand” was released by Dark Lit Press on August 24th, 2022 as a free download. Features the first chapter of Noose. Download it here.
– “Trade Secrets” appeared in Blood in the Soil, Terror on the Wind from Brigids Gate Press, released August 31st, 2022. Buy it here.
– “Piece by Piece” appeared in Blackberry Blood from Snow Capped Press, released October 31st, 2021. Buy it here.
– “I Will Meet You There” appeared in Silver Shamrock’s Midnight From Beyond the Stars released Sept. 28, 2021. Buy it here.
– “Snap” appeared in ProleSCARYet: Tales of Horror and Class Warfare released May 1st, 2021. Buy it here.
– “A Shine in the Woods” appeared in Shiver released January 11th, 2021. Buy it here.