Brennan LaFaro is a horror/dark fiction author from south eastern Massachusetts and the co-host of the Dead Headspace and Unburying the Dead podcasts.
- 2021 Awards Eligibility PostListed below are five works released in 2021 that are eligible for awards in novella/long fiction and short fiction categories. Please contact me at Brennan.firstname.lastname@example.org to request copies of individual stories or novella. Slattery Falls – released July 20th, 2021 (35,000 words) Publisher: Silver Shamrock Publishing Category: Novella/Long Fiction Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095NG12CQ/ “I Will Meet YouContinue reading “2021 Awards Eligibility Post”
- Trick or Tweet 2021Gabino Iglesias suggested a hashtag for people to tweet a >280 character horror story every day in October. Villimey Mist curated a list of daily topics. I had a blast with this and am even in the process of expanding on one for an anthology submission. (I’ll let you guess which) So here, collected together,Continue reading “Trick or Tweet 2021”
- September News RoundupIt’s been a busy couple of months since Slattery Falls released, and I’ve been so pleased with the positive response so far. 65 reviews on goodreads as we speak. I’m also looking forward to the release of Silver Shamrock’s Midnight From Beyond the Stars containing my story, “I Will Meet You There.” This story wasContinue reading “September News Roundup”
- Slattery Falls release/Story announcementThe big news is, of course, Slattery Falls, is loose in the world. I’m excited to see it showing up in the hands of readers, and can’t wait to see how it’s received. Along with the book’s release, Erica Robyn (who took the incredible photo above) released an interview with me on her book bloggingContinue reading “Slattery Falls release/Story announcement”
- Updates/Praise for Slattery FallsThere are only two days left until Slattery Falls comes out on July 20th. The paperback will be up on, or very close to, release day, and the e-book is up for preorder now here. On Friday (07.16) I recorded an episode of Ink Heist with Rich Duncan and Shane Keene alongside Ken McKinley andContinue reading “Updates/Praise for Slattery Falls”
- Cemetery Gates July IssueWith just a few more days before Slattery Falls releases, I’m featured in the July issue of Cemetery Gates Society. I answered some questions about the book and my start in writing over the last year and a bit. You can read the issue for free here. The issue also features essays from Gabino IglesiasContinue reading “Cemetery Gates July Issue”
My debut novella, Slattery Falls, is out now from Silver Shamrock Publishing.
Travis, Elsie, and Josh, college kids with a ghost-hunting habit, scour New England for the most interesting haunted locales. Their journey eventually leads them to Slattery Falls, a small Massachusetts town living in the shadow of the Weeks House. The former home of the town’s most sinister and feared resident sits empty. At least that’s what the citizens say. It’s all in good fun. But after navigating the strange home, they find the residents couldn’t be more wrong. And now the roles are reversed. The hunters have become the hunted. Something evil refuses to release its grip, forcing the trio into one last adventure.
Click here to buy a copy.
My short fiction debut “A Shine in the Woods” can be found in Shiver: A Chilling Horror Anthology, edited by Nico Bell.
You can get it in paperback or e-book here.